Votes: 17 60.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, i'm torn up between two options on tail lights.

Either tinted like this (photo credit to BMac):

Or the Recon Lighting smoked LED tail lights (photo credit to diesel power mag):

The tinted tail lights would be done to my stock 04 tail lights, and would be done for free as i work at a body shop.

Which would you guys do? I'm not really a fan of aftermarket tail lights but i would love some LED tail lights and the recon lights don't look bad.

On the other end of the spectrum, i love the look of stock tail lights, but they need to be darker to go with my black truck.

And of course theres the money issue. I could either get tinted done for free, or spend $300 (a no brainer money wise, but not a big issue).

What do you all think?

·
Registered
386 Posts
you can get led tail lights off of ebay for about half that price. I like the the led tail lights myself. they will be much brighter than the stockers tinted.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I like the tail lights on the 2010 trucks. Not sure, but they look like thay will mount right up.

·
THE BFT
157 Posts
I have the LED lights on mine and love the way they look got them from ebay for like 150 shipped last year and they still look great!! just ordered the smoked headlights with LED corners so hopefuly they turn out as sweet!!

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
tinted stockers. did mine yesterday.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i tinted mine only till i get get a set of leds, ebay would def be the way to go

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
i'd say tint them first, then if its not dark enough, get the recon lights
x2 for the cost, and if you don't like it go to the junk yard and replace them

Otherwise in a perfect world, LED's all the way.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
I like the ebay led myself

1 - 15 of 15 Posts