Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 4" lift and want to go to a 8" and because I need to tow as well I was going to install air bags too and the total started to add up to this system I found. I came across this add in DP and checked out there website and this system looks very good, replaces the springs and is fully adjustable up and down, I think the description isn't as clear as it could be to achieve a total of 12" travel.

Anybody have or know about this setup or company?

AirBagIt.com - Air Suspension Kits, Mini-Truck Parts, Sport Compact Parts! Airride, Airsprings, Towing Kits, Lambo Vertical Doors, Airbags.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
IMO air bags suck, handling isn't very good on the kits I have seen. Pinion angle changes will introduce vib's if the heights changed..ie driving at 4" or raising to 8"..Pinion-DS angles will change, Castor will drastically change on the kit linked to.

3 ways of getting a great riding truck, Coilover kit, Hybrid Icon hanger spring kit or swap axles to '05 up and 4 link it.

If I can help PM me.

Cary

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
For the front there are a few options to get 8" lift with your current front axle.

1) Leaf Springs
2) Combination Leaf Springs and Hanger & Shackle
3) Full Traction Conversion.

Of course there is also the swap to an 05+ front axle that was mentioned.

For the rear I would recommend sticking with stock springs and going with One Up Offroad Traction Blocks to achieve the lift and keep from getting any axle wrap.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. Currently I have a broken spring in my rear and I know I can replace just that one (I think its the 4th one off the top of my head) So rather than put more money into stock and weak springs I wanted to go to a newer spring. I called the company that I posted the link to and the total came to over 4 grand so that's out of the question, I guess I was looking for something different and liked the idea behind that setup in theory.

I will look into the suggestions you mentioned, thanks.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its an early build date.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was told it was a Rancho lift not even sure if they make one but it has 4" blocks and a front hanger bracket on stock springs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts