Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to some unfortunate circumstances I am forced to sell my baby. I was want to get an idea from you guys on what this truck is worth and what you would pay for it, 1996 F250 4x4 Ex. Cab Long Bed, XLT, 35" BFG A/T's, 5" exhaust w/ 3" DP, Otherwise bone stock. Has a damaged tailgate(big dent), Truck is in great condition, no rust, great paint. I just havent seen many this clean. 230,000 miles with 50 K on a new transmission. New A/C compressor and batteries. Meticulously maintained.
Give me an idea what this truck would go for, it is the truck in my profile pic!

·
Sponge
219 Posts
I'd say $7000-$8000 maybe a little more depending on the brakes, tires, and how well the engine area looks. I would ask $9000, but expect to actually sell it for around 8k. Adjust both of those down with any worn items or if you want to move it fast.

I got $7500 for a 1997 with 125k miles very similarly equipped except it was only an XL, a year ago. The tires and brakes were good but within a year or so of replacement and a rear oil rail plug was starting to leak. Otherwise, it was extremely clean with no damage or rust. I probably would've gotten $8500-9000+ with new tires/brakes/clean motor. I just didn't have the time and money to do it and search for the right buyer.

And I couldn't tell where you are. The price definitely varies by region.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
One of my friends just sold a 97 F250 w 160k on it. New tires, wheels, Brakes,Also had PAC brake, and was super clean sold for 6500 in NJ
000_0692.JPG

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Around 8K thats what I was thinking....I am in North Central FL, if that means much.
It's got good brakes, 60% tires and super clean engine...

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
My buddy started at 9k and sat on it for 8 months till he sold it for 6500

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
I was going to mention that location has a lot to do with value, your area may be higher or lower so you'll really want to look around where your at.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I kinda need to move it quick.....but I wasnt wanting to go less than 8K. Sounds like I might need to rethink that..ugh lol

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
I gave 7,000 k for the truck in my sig. it had 180k . My first 97 I paid 4 k for it but, it was 2wd super cab long bed it had 278k when I got it I traded it in it had 325k.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I bought mine 6 months ago for 6200 with 220k and a rebuilt tranny 50k ago. Thats probably the closest comparison to yours. Just to give you an idea.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
4400 for the truck in my sig. Needed some maintenance items but was pretty clean otherwise.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
It had 249,986 on it when I picked it up. It needed oil cooler o-rings, glow plugs, UVCH and vlave cover gaskets. Since then I have put an ICP sensor, Ebpv sensor to get rid of the code, The extreme duty trans cause I ran the old trans out of fluid and fried it when the front seal went and I plan on hopping up a few things. I also put a body lift on it for ease of exhaust installation but it's not like it was needed just a want. Oh and it now needs a windsheild thanks to some tard who doesn't know how to cover his load in his dump truck. Basically very few things were needs the rest have been wants or needed to due screwing it up myself. I am also only the second owner. I got the window sticker and everything with it.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Right on. sounds like you got a good deal then. When you say extreme duty trans, was it a local build?

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
No I got it from a place in Florida called OE Performance. It is reall built up well and they have awesome customer service/satisfaction. when I got it the solenoid pack was bad. I called them and they had one waiting at my shop for me the next morning. Cost me 3k to my door with the deep pan, hayden dawg cooler, and 3yr/100k warranty. Oh and they asked me what kind of hp/tq I was planning on putting through it so they could set it up right.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Ok sweet. i know i will need a tranny sooner or later to hold up my future plans. I will look into them. 3k is a great price.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
PM me and I can give you their info if you want. I can also give you the specs on my trans if that is the direction you plan on going in.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
PM replied.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts