Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Buddy of mine gave me his tuner, Superchip 1855. Since its for free, I figured I would put it on my 08' F250 6.4.
Whats your guys opinion on it? The truck is 100% stock.
Any negative or positive effects you guys have had with this tuner?
All opinions and comments are welcome!

·
Registered
390 Posts
I put one on mine right after I bought it and saw no fuel gains and very little extra power, according to my dealer that's what caused my DPF to clog up after only 6k miles on the truck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put one on mine right after I bought it and saw no fuel gains and very little extra power, according to my dealer that's what caused my DPF to clog up after only 6k miles on the truck.
What chip do you prefer that is Plug N Play like the Superchip?

·
Registered
390 Posts
If you don't care about a monitor or gauges get a SCT with Gearheads custom tunes, you can pick up a used one for a decent price.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was looking into SCT, but I'm looking more for reliability. I have seen reviews of trannys slipping, but Every truck could be different. What tune do you have?

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have run most of the tunes out there and Gearhead race tune is the best running tune I've had on my truck.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I was looking into SCT, but I'm looking more for reliability. I have seen reviews of trannys slipping, but Every truck could be different. What tune do you have?
Get the sct to load custom tunes, forget the canned tunes. Gear head has probably the best tranny tuning out. The shifting is just smooth as silk. You never really see or hear anything negative about there trans tuning. If you went GH and loaded one of there high HP tunes just use common sense and it will last, if you start laying rubber down from light to light it will fail eventually.

Saying that I'm another happy GH tune guy. There are other great custom tuners out there also, just research.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts