Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Click here might want to hang on to those old CPS. Not sure how much there is to this, but thought I would pass it on.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still have my old one in there, and another old one in the glove box. Until I need another one I think I will hang on to these. At 27 bucks, it aint that big of a deal.

·
<-- it's like that
6,567 Posts
Wow, that would explain the recent posts in several different forums. There's been quite a few folks saying they have problems with the #8 cylinder.... failing CCT, SES lights, etc. Veeeerrrry interesting.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I have one new CPS and one good, but used CPS in my glovebox along with the tools to change 'em so for me there really isn't much of a purpose to having a Ford mech. change it for me. I haven't gone in for the recall nor do I plan to.
In case you didn't already know, if you have had your CPS replaced prior to the recall, Ford is reimbursing us the cost of the repair. Mine went out the first month I had my truck and so I had a shop replace it. Ford is now sending me a $338 check!

·
<<<<< Next Generation
1,994 Posts
Wow, that would explain the recent posts in several different forums. There's been quite a few folks saying they have problems with the #8 cylinder.... failing CCT, SES lights, etc. Veeeerrrry interesting.

Hmmmm, yes it is

Awhile ago I had #8 fail but would show up once in about 10 times of testing.
Well, screwing around a few weeks ago I took out my new CPS and threw in the old style just for $hits and giggles........#8 hasn't failed again.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems like a trend to me.

·
<-- it's like that
6,567 Posts
So the million dollar question is..... why does the grey CPS cause problems on the #8? Since we don't know for sure right now until Ford releases an official statement, any guesses/theories/gut feelings/booger flicking?

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Barely too weak of a signal. :shrug::confused:

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Well, monday I'm going in to get it changed under recall. I'm going to make sure that I get the working one that comes out!

·
DILLIGAFF
5,946 Posts
great.... last friday i took my truck to the dealer for sh!ts and giggles and to get my CPS done... figured it would take an hour or so and I would have a chance to mess with the sales people an test drive some 08's... I think they caught on I wasn't there to buy a vehicle when I asked to drive a shelby gt 500... :D anyways... 3 friggin hours later!!!!!!!!!! the finished my CPS :mad: they did wash my truck though... well Im waiting for my truck... I can see it in the service bay... they tried to start it once.... nothing, the turned it over several times and nothing... so im shaking my head thinking oh great, i brought my perfectly good running truck to the dealer, and they managed to make it not run... then I thought and yelled out "did you remember to plug it in!?!" boy was he embarrassed.... I hope his co workers make fun of him for that one. :D and now I hear there is a problem with the new one!??!!!! I think I should have just left the original in there that has been in there for 200k :doh:

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Because #8 fails on it.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The fix for it is a #8 CPS that only cost 250 bucks to have retrofitted on your truck.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
That's sounds like something they would pull!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Pocket, I bought this new truck a couple weeks ago, when I test drove it and scanned with AE everything was fine. Before I left I had the CPS changed for no other reason but to satisfy the open recall. Drove 600 miles home only to "realize" the truck has a random slight miss at idle and has stumbled a couple times on moderate acceleration. Thinking it was my fault for not noticing earlier; not much of a big deal as I would get it straightened out eventually. After reading some stuff at TDS and now on here its got me thinking... and hoping. Would you mind posting up those links you found relating the new CPS to #8 issues. :ford:

·
Starting Over
4,629 Posts
Click here might want to hang on to those old CPS. Not sure how much there is to this, but thought I would pass it on.
LMFAO JSM1 let me use a grey CPS once for some trouble shooting and it did just that made #8 miss.I don't think it did it on his truck or was un tested on anyone but mine but my truck shook and missed like crazy with that one he had.

·
Registered
217 Posts
i had my CPS changed 2 weeks ago at my local dealership to the new grey one, and havn't had a problem yet.
other than they fixed a leaking o-ring on my water pump and now ots leaking again, takin it back to them today they said they would fix it free of charge.
but while i'm in there i will ask them bout gettein a old CPS, for a spare.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
I got mine changed under recall today, they would not, no matter what give me my old one back! That pissed me off, but it didn't take very long and I spent the time walking the parking lot looking at the new 08's

1 - 20 of 76 Posts