Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 f350 6.7. Yesterday my wife stopped to get diesel. She accidentally put 1 gallon of gas in the tank. Immediately recognized what she did. Stopped pumping gas and then put about 13 gallons of diesel in it. She did crank it and pull it away from the pumps, turned it off and called me. I pulled the relay for the fuel pump and had it towed to the house. My question is from here what would be the best course of action? From what I've read I'm thinking I'll cyphon out the tank, fill it up with fresh diesel, purge the fuel line, change the filters, put in an additive (reccomendations welcome) and roll with it. Is this sufficient to prevent any damage?

·
Registered
119 Posts
If it is full of diesel now that is only 2.63% of gas in the diesel. Which IMHO is not much. If it was mine think I would put some additive in and run it , but keep adding diesel as it get down some, burn a 1/4 add and keep doing that for a while .

·
Administrator
8,403 Posts
at first the gas will float to the top of the diesel, but then gradually mix with the diesel.
i would not worry about 1 gallon gas in a 20+ gallon diesel tank. as said above, just keep diluting it by never letting fuel lever go below 1/2 tank for the next 5 tank fulls or so

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it is full of diesel now that is only 2.63% of gas in the diesel. Which IMHO is not much. If it was mine think I would put some additive in and run it , but keep adding diesel as it get down some, burn a 1/4 add and keep doing that for a while the tank and am going to fill it up with fresh diesel and put in an additive. Do you think I should change the filters?
at first the gas will float to the top of the diesel, but then gradually mix with the diesel.
i would not worry about 1 gallon gas in a 20+ gallon diesel tank. as said above, just keep diluting it by never letting fuel lever go below 1/2 tank for the next 5 tank fulls or so
I drained the tank. About to fill it up and put in and additive. Should I go ahead and change my filters or run it a little bit then change them?

·
Native Texan
9,049 Posts
I hope you got it all out cause the fuel systems on the 6.7l are very sensitive and if it wipes the hp pump out it requires a complete fuel system over haul which most places will charge about 16k for. We flat out tell the customer its 16k if that scares you then you need to take it else where cause i wont touch it for less then that.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts