Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to drive my 2002 7.3 F250 this morning (38degrees) let it warm up only a minute or two, right before i got in to leave, idle kicked up a little, when i went to drive, i only had partial throttle...after a little pedal, there was no increase in power???? something i did, or a part gone bad??? New to diesels so any help would be a great help...thanks....rsbhunter

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heck engine light, and i drove it this afternoon, and it seems to be running ok....i'm glad it's running normal, but it still has me curious??????what could have caused it...thanks...rsbhunter

·
Registered
842 Posts
ebpv its normal let it warm up a little longer

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
:whs:the ebpv stays closed for a while to warm it up. I found this out the hard way. Went to cross a busy road and almost got tboned. With the valve closed the engine cannot breathe. In those temps I would say 5-10 min minimum warm up. But being in southern Az. I'm no expert on cold starts. It was almost 80 today, brrrrrrrrr!

·
Firefighter/EMT
233 Posts
My truck does this on cold mornings here too. I think some mornings the fuel starts to gell in the lines and it takes a min or two to clear itself up. This happens even after it is warmed up and was plugged in. I just keep giving it constant throttle til it comes out of it. I now add power service on every fill up!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the answer's...this really is the best forum that i have been on...and the ebpv makes sense, i am filing all this info away so i maybe one day can return the favor to a new to diesel owner...THANKS AGAIN:bowfast::bowfast:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Isn't this why we are all on here?? Hope this helped. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts