Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i havent had to post here yet, but knew i would eventually. got me an 05 f250 couple years ago and new i was in trouble when i started reading stuff on these forums. well she finally let go last week. blown head gaskets. so while im in there im gonna stud it and do the delete kit. havent read alot on here is there any other inexpensive tips i should handle while im in the engine this deep/

·
JGman141
859 Posts
well i havent had to post here yet, but knew i would eventually. got me an 05 f250 couple years ago and new i was in trouble when i started reading stuff on these forums. well she finally let go last week. blown head gaskets. so while im in there im gonna stud it and do the delete kit. havent read alot on here is there any other inexpensive tips i should handle while im in the engine this deep/
Updated Stc,stand pipes, and dummy plug

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
New oil cooler flush the coolant sue them and switch to elc also add a coolant filter system

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Not too expensive, but get yourself the 6.4 pushrods.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
What do 6.4 pushrods do?

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Slightly shorter. Won't run the risk of valve-piston contact.

sent from my Smart Car

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I see but he only needs them if his heads get worked right?

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Yes but 99% of the times the heads come off, they need to be decked anyways.

sent from my Smart Car

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
It's sounds bad but I didn't get mine checked just did the ole look it over they looked fine, 70k since studs no issues. I didn't want to know the truth lol.

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
LOL

sent from my Smart Car

·
"Slap hands slap hands"
1,487 Posts
New oil cooler flush the coolant sue them and switch to elc also add a coolant filter system
What everyone eske said while your at it might as well add the 6.4 banjo bolts upgraded blue spring kit and a coolant filter all great preventatives and faily cheap especially compared to the serious work your about to get done. Mind as well as get it all out of the way and do it once the right way if you got the $$$

1 - 11 of 11 Posts