Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what causes a valve cover gasket plug to get really hot and melt?

Im trying to diagnose a problem, the plug gets super hot and it even melted. Truck runs only on about 7 cylinders

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Are you broke on the side of the road?

You need to pull the valve cover and check for a shorted out wire.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay i realize i have some electrical issues, that is what i am asking for. Not on the side of the road, just badly need the truck running correctly.

It was running perfectly fine when i parked it and the plug WAS metled before i put it back together, it didnt just melt when i tried to start it. I noticed it was melted before i even got it all put back together

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I have left them connected and I have disconnected them.

I am going to move this to the proper forum. The 911 forum is for broke down on the side of the road somewhere. I realize you need it running. Probably get more response in the OBS section.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Okay i realize i have some electrical issues, that is what i am asking for. Not on the side of the road, just badly need the truck running correctly.

It was running perfectly fine when i parked it and the plug WAS metled before i put it back together, it didnt just melt when i tried to start it. I noticed it was melted before i even got it all put back together
Then you have an issue somewhere with the wiring since it was melted before you did anything.

so you prolly have a short or break in the wiring.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bad glow plugs is usually the cause of the melted wiring how old are the glow plugs? I would ohm them first before you start replacing stuff more than likely you have a couple bad ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts