Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a online guide to swapping gears in my diffs? I have 4.10's and want to put in 3.55's. my front diff is a 89 dana 60 and my rear is a 95 10.25 sterling. thanx in advance

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Swapping gears is not something you want to attempt from an online guide. There are specialized tools involved and it is very time consuming and there are critical measurements to make adjustments to. For starters you will need press with adapters, dial gauge, etc.. You would be more cost effective taking it to someone with experience in the subject and paying them to do it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Swapping gears is not something you want to attempt from an online guide. There are specialized tools involved and it is very time consuming and there are critical measurements to make adjustments to. For starters you will need press with adapters, dial gauge, etc.. You would be more cost effective taking it to someone with experience in the subject and paying them to do it.
my neighbor is a licensed mechanic and he said he will come over and give me a hand. he has done hundreds of gear swaps and has the special tools

or find someone that has 3.55s in their axles and wants to swap.
i wish i could

i just want the guide so i have a more knowledge going into this project.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Well in that case just google gear swaps and read up on it. I am sure there are tons of material on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts