Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Welp, made some good progress today. This project continues to amaze me with how well everything fits together. The way the bed sat perfect on the frame and the bolt holes lined right up. How the steering shaft slips right on the gearbox and the wheel lines up perfect, the obs clutch master even works for the ZF6. Today this truck really blew my mind.

First thing, which is really kinda neat. Found out the cruise control system was virtually unchanged from 1987 to 2004. Its the same 2 wire resistance based system, and all of the buttons in both wheels have the same resistance, which means I can use the bricknose wheel, and wont have to swap clocksprings... BONUS!!!

2nd thing. Got the core support on. Started mocking the radiator, figured I'd mock the air to air up first. It literally BOLTS RIGHT IN!! The two bolt holes on the back side of the core support match the width of the cooler. I'm amazed to say the least lol. Obviously have to make lower mounts, but that wont take long

Also managed to get my cluster working! Was missing the G300 ground. Knew it was something stupid. Ordered some parts too. Got everything to redo the front end, wheel bearings, ball joints, tie rods, the whole 9, and brakes all around. That one hurt the pocketbook a little, but I'll recover :ROFLMAO:

Anyway yeah heres some pictures lol

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,377 Posts
The fact you got the super duty rad to work is mildly upsetting for me...

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The fact you got the super duty rad to work is mildly upsetting for me...

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk
I think the only reason I was able to is because my sway bar is behind the axle instead of in front of it. Ended up having to cut what I'm assuming were the sway bar brackets for a 2wd truck, and the radiator lives happy there

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Welp, really no words to say. Just pictures. Finally made it out in the daylight. Wanted to flip it around so I had more light to work on the front clip. I'm in love

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Dang. Maybe I should ship you over to me to finish mine for me lol. Super cool dude!!
How far are you from Michigan? :ROFLMAO: I drove to Nashville to get the body for this truck. Left at 1am Sunday morning got back at 1am Monday. I keep it moving lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Ha, Im over in Washington state. So, a bit of a drive.
I might be up for a road trip once I get this turd done! Always wanted to head out west, see what its like out there!

Finally got a chance to work on the truck. Been busy all week and I've just been putting it off. I'm proud to announce the core support is permanently back in its happy home, with the radiator and cac mounted and fitting SWEET!! Had to do some trimming to get the CAC to fit as far forward as I could, but shes in there!! Heres some pictures of my german (translation over-engineered) radiator mounts. If this thing ever falls out I give up 🤣🤣

Attachments

21 - 32 of 32 Posts