Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Solareclpse
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i ran the AE on my truck and found my air bag code. B1871 which says airbag passenger disable module fail.my question is is it saying the switch that you put the key in to select the pass air bag whats bad? or is the air bag module bad?and i have no idea where this module is and what it looks like.

my second question is how do you correct your speedometer which the AE? i remeber reading online that you can correct your speedo for oversized tires so does anyone know how to do it?at least where to go in the scan tool program?

·
Solareclpse
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Check with Dennis at ITP, I bet he could tell you.

·
TennesseeHillbilly
1,318 Posts
Is the airbag light on the dash flashing? If so it will flash out a DTC for the airbag system as well. I have a cahrt showing the lamp flash codes.

Also yes, AE will reprogram for tire size. I just did it on mine a couple of months ago. Connect to the PCM and go down where it normally says "enhanced powertrain" system. Change that in the drop down menu to ABS system. Go to the on board test menu. It's right there. Go up or down with the arrows until you get to the correct tire size.

·
Solareclpse
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can you input your gear size too?i thought you had to input tires and gear size for it to calculate correctly?

and the airbag light is flashin and i already got the code im just not sure which piece is bad the switch or a module

·
Registered
403 Posts
WAG, but is the switch still connected?

·
TennesseeHillbilly
1,318 Posts
can you input your gear size too?i thought you had to input tires and gear size for it to calculate correctly?

and the airbag light is flashin and i already got the code im just not sure which piece is bad the switch or a module
Gear size is irrelevant, the ABS works off the sensor ring in the differential. So it doesn't matter what gear ratio is driving it, it still reads revolutions of the axle. That's where tire size factors in. Larger tire moves further per turn.

Also here are the air bag lamp flash codes. Count them out when you start the truck. I also have pinpoint test for the codes.

·
Solareclpse
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok cool this says specificly the switch is bad which is the cheaper route lol. can u post pinpoint "o" for me plz.

and dirtbikz yes the switch is hooked up i get the lamp self test on it when the truck is started too. and what is WAG??

·
Solareclpse
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and i thought that the abs sensor in the diff reads the speed of the pinion which would have effect of a different gear ratio right? im assumeing that is wrong and that the speed sensor actually reads the spinning of the ring gear?

·
Solareclpse
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
also my 4x4 isnt working and im not sure whats bad all i can figure is a problem in the wiring somewhere or it is the 4x4 module.but how can i access the 4x4 module and system on the AE?this system is kinda confuseing to me

·
TennesseeHillbilly
1,318 Posts
Here is the pinpoint test.

The ABS sensor tone ring is mounted to the carrier.

·
Solareclpse
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
O ok cool thnx for th pinpoints ill run ths test after work today I thnk

·
Solareclpse
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
anyone know how to access the 4x4 module and esof switch?if possible.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts