Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i tried to ask this question in tom's original obs diy elec fuel post but it wouldnt let me so i got a few questions for ya

1-dumb question but doing a fuel bowl delete kit with an after market regulator is also a RR?
2- you put the fpr on the return side going back to the tank correct?
3-can/would it help/hurt anything you ran new fuel lines to all 4 ports (front&back) of each head?
4-im hoping for 500+hp do i need to change anything in my tank or can i just leave my lines (up to my first pre pump filter) alone?
5- can you guys post a few detailed installed pictures of your bowl delete on your superduty. i got a pretty good idea just not 100% sure on exactly what needs to be done

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Did you mean to post this thread in the 1999-2003 Super duty section?

1: Yes in most all cases.
2: yes between the lines coming out of the heads and the return to tank line
3: you would technically be a deadhead again with fuel sitting in the heads.
4: I would do a 5/8 pick up and you will need more than a single SD pump to hit 500. Either dual SD or a Fuellab Walbro Areo. I would run new feed line to pump and then use the original feed line as the return . That is not mandatory.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it was ment for the 99-03 section :doh:

ok thanks, im still a little confussed on where to put the regulaot i "know" where to put it just kinda got to see it to fully understand

im already running a dual sd pump setup.

·
PSN Pretender
1,926 Posts
This pic might help you visualize it. Feeding fuel from the bowl delete to the rear of the heads, then return from the front.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I am saving that picture. That is perfect for showing a RR fuel setup as well as a number of other things. Sweet looking engine BTW . Sorry to go off topic but what are the specs on that engine build?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do you have a front view? were are the hoses that connect to the back of the head running?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Trubbs,

How would you like to plumb your fuel in. Would you prefer to bring it into the front of heads and out the rear or would you rather bring it in the rear of the heads and exit out the front?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Ok

Once you have the fuel line exiting the heads in the front they go into the fuel regulator input ports. You then also connect your fuel return to tank line to the output port.

What regulator are you going with or do you already have one purchased?

You shoudl likely have as well 2x1/8 npt ports. One for a gauge and one to referance fuel pressure off boost if you so choose.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i got a regulator already (buddy gave it to me cuz he sold his truck before he got around to using it) it dont have a name on it so im not sure. it only has to ports in it tho 1in and 1 out. so do i just get a Y fittin to tie the 2 heads together to go into the regulator?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Yes you will need to get a T fitting. Have you confirmed that regulator will handle the psi we run. Many do not. If that is good and you are looking at making 500 HP :

I recommend you pick up ITP 5/8 tank pickup or get sump from Truck Source Diesel / Aggie.

Here is a drawing Marty put up back when he was running dual SDs This is what you are looking at doing with the exception that where it goes into the regulator you will need a T fitting there and then into the regulator

·
PSN Pretender
1,926 Posts
Here is one from the front, kinda hard to tell but should get an idea.

Trubbs, you will have to "Y" the return lines together since the regulator only has two ports. One should be labeled as a return side, which will be the line heading back to the tank.

·
PSN Pretender
1,926 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for all the help guys! its slowly starting to come together in my head lol. so their is a total of 4 fuel ports (2 per head correct?) and you just run your fuel 'in' into the back and your fuel 'out' out of the front 2?

he said it's rated to 100psi and i trust him and the gauge on the regulator goes up to 150 so im thinkin its good.

again thank you very much for all the help, especially dave, youve been in every thread ive had and youve awlays gave good advice!

TARM-i really apperciate all the extra time you spent answering my qestions and going out of your way to help me understand!

·
PSN Pretender
1,926 Posts
thanks for all the help guys! its slowly starting to come together in my head lol. so their is a total of 4 fuel ports (2 per head correct?) and you just run your fuel 'in' into the back and your fuel 'out' out of the front 2?

I think you got it now.;)

he said it's rated to 100psi and i trust him and the gauge on the regulator goes up to 150 so im thinkin its good.

If you run into issues controlling pressure (cannot get it low enough) you will have to get a new reg. that can handle the flow. Also you might consider changing the "barb" fittings for some JIC's.

again thank you very much for all the help, especially dave, youve been in every thread ive had and youve awlays gave good advice!

Did not know that, but thanks.......helping others is nice.

TARM-i really apperciate all the extra time you spent answering my qestions and going out of your way to help me understand!
Good Luck!

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Your welcome

·
Registered
964 Posts
I ran -6 from the 2 micron filter on the rail to the back of each head. (had the tap the fuel rail)
from there, I ran a line from the front port of each head to the reg, and then returned to the tank w -6.

I also use boost ref on the reg. So far I've had zero problems, and this setup cuts down on the amount of hoses in the valley.

Good luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts