Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my truck back last friday for a new oil cooler, egr cooler, and it was running great. Went out today, and it started, then got a low oil pressure warning and it shut off. Tow truck took it back to the dealer again. This sure is getting old. Any ideas of what they will find??? anything i should have them do as far as upgraded items such as stc fittings or stuff like that?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
sounds like the lpop took a ####, probly ate the front cover while it was at it

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
I would suggest you lost a lifter.... therefore tearing the lpop to pieces... Every 6.0 I have ran into with a low oil psi problem that has been the issue.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would suggest you lost a lifter.... therefore tearing the lpop to pieces... Every 6.0 I have ran into with a low oil psi problem that has been the issue.
you talking lifter like push rod, rocker arm, valve lifter?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Cummins swap time!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, it was the oil pressure regulator valve that was stuck. It had some score marks on it. new unit installed and i got the truck back already.

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
I had a van 3 months ago... The dealer took it out, cleaned it, put it back in, ran great.... next week same thing.. they brought it to me, I pulled the reg, there sat a needle bearing......

"please hammer dont hurt em"

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had a van 3 months ago... The dealer took it out, cleaned it, put it back in, ran great.... next week same thing.. they brought it to me, I pulled the reg, there sat a needle bearing......

"please hammer dont hurt em"
oh crap. dont tell me that. now im not gonna want to drive the thing and worry about getting stranded somewhere. :doh:

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
just saying its a possiblity and worse case scenario... I have found every needle bearing hanging out on the drain plug also...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts