Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 7.3 with efuel, baby swamps, hydra swamps tunes, BHAF, MBRP exhaust and built trans.

New truck 2001 7.3 with hydra and php tunes, BHAF, MBRP exhaust.

I know that my injectors on the newer truck are larger and the turbo is "better". With that said my old truck will blow my 2001 away. Still own the old one but its my sons now. The 2001 seems to be running normal so what could be the hold up???

Im buying parts now to rebuild the 01 turbo and hoping that helps. Would swamps tunes make a difference on a factory injector? Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks guys!!!!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Baby swamps is what makes your obs faster. Baby swamps far exceeds stock stickers by a margin. Plus you got some goodies to make the tuning better too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Baby swamps are called “175/146”. The 146 is a part number or something for a stock nozzle IIRC. Swamps just uses that terminology to make them sound more special I guess. So you have 175/0 single shot injectors in the OBS and 140/0 split shots in the SD. That split shot action reduces the power making capacity by a few more cc’s to do the pilot shot. So you should have more power with the OBS truck for sure.

Also, what is BHAF? I’m not familiar with that.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Technically the second number is supposed to be nozzle/orifice size in a percentage over stock.
So say a 150/200. The nozzle/orifice would be 200% larger than stock.
But in the case of the baby swamps, I think it's just a number they threw on.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Native Texan
9,037 Posts
I put a set of 160cc in my truck and even with out tuning its amazing the power it has added. even running on stock programing the will out perform stock.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Baby swamps are 150cc.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Baby swamps are 150cc.
You are correct. I was thinking that the other ones were called "Baby Swamps". I apologize, I was incorrect. But the "146" nozzle is a stock size nozzle or "0%" if following the lingo. So these would be 150/0 single shot injectors.

Sorry for the confusion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts