Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Hey Dave, you got my number, holler at me. I will help all I can.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
What was the question?

**Edit**
I just saw the posts about the injector cups. Why do the fail?.... well like anything, maybe its a design flaw, maybe its due to overheating the engine. maybe its because of high mileage, maybe its just a fluke, maybe bad luck. Who could pinpoint exactly how and why an injector cup fails in a specific situation? I had 3 bad ones on the motor I pulled from my truck. Why were they cracked, I have no idea. The engine had 167k on it. Stuff happens.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Maybe you should ask a direct question, such as;

Why did my injector cups fail?

Your posts are kinda hard to read and you aren't using the correct terminology. It is also a question that the average person on this site is not going to have the answer to. It looks like you may have to make some phone calls to Swamps or Marc, they seem to know what you are talking about.

·
PSN Pretender
1,926 Posts
Expansion and contraction over hundreds of thousands of heat cycles can cause cacks. EVERYTHING BREAKS

To find which bank is causing issues you can remove the fuel lines that feed each head from the fuel bowl, and with you degass bottle cap off force compressed air through the fuel lines (one bank at a time) and listen for a gurgling sound in the bottle, do this on each bank. If no sound is heard you can put a balloon over the bottle and leave compressed air in for a few minutes. The side that allows air into the coolant it the side you need to change ALL of the injector cups.

If you have a RR you need to plug off the fuel line on one end of the head (whichever is easiest) before you test with air.

Good Luck

·
Genius, when I drink
1,295 Posts
cause i posted 2 threads,
and im getting snubbed
Dave I personally do not think anyone is snubbing you. I have seen many questions well over 2 days old on here that no one has had any answers for.

And shame on you for comparing The Nation to TDS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts