Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
oil is one of the cheapest things to change on any engine. I personally use a synthetic 0w40 diesel rated oil that costs me about 100.00 per oil change and i change it every 5k miles to 6k miles. use the best oil you can afford and DO NOT USE ADDITIVES to engine oil. the additives usually cause foaming and in my 7.3 that causes issues with the injectors. Use a decent filter. Alot of peeps use rotella or mobil and have good luck. but be sure it is diesel rated and again NO ADDITIVES like those snake oil crap. they will usually give you trouble. Just my 2 cents worth (flame suit on)

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Asking about oil is like asking a question about who is the best looking red heads, blonds, or brunets. I personally have been using Valvoline Premium Blue 15/40 since my truck was new with no problems. Actually I used Valvoline All Fleet but I can't find it anywhere anymore. If you want to run a synthetic Valvoline also makes one called 5/40 Extreme witch is also a fine oil. There is also Delco, Rotella, and a host of others. As long as the oil that you buy is rated for a diesel you shouldn't go wrong just look inside the star on the bottle and make sure that it is rated CI or above. I believe that the new standard is CJ.

Also you can go down the main page a little ways and find all kinds of discussion in the Fluids Discussion forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts