Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
so my best bet is just to get an electrical oil pressure gauge? i was goin to put it on the reserviour of the hpop. not the hpop itself thats a different gauge.
ryan no offense at all but you are hi jacking the thread you should start another post about the questions you are wanting answered

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
OK im still struggling to find a good spot for my sender. I decided to drill and tap the top cover on the hpop reservoir. Easy take the cover off and Im done. Further inspection found a problem. I cant access two of the torx bolts because of the bloody fuel bowl.

Now can I undo the two bolts that hold the fuel bowl on to move it that little bit I need. And are these the bolts.

or do I have to undo all the fuel lines as well. Also when I undo all the top cover bolts is the whole hpop reservoir going to be loose. I mean will the fuel bowl being unsupported, move the reservoir.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
That should work fine. Those two bolts are all that hold the bowl on. You will not lose oil out of them.

·
riverjet
459 Posts
Drill and tap the hpop cover?Why not use the inspection plug on top the cover to the right of the oil sender?

·
<<< Power
3,456 Posts
Also when I undo all the top cover bolts is the whole hpop reservoir going to be loose. I mean will the fuel bowl being unsupported, move the reservoir.
If you have to remove the 13mil bolts to move the top cover to the HPOP res, then yes the HPOP res will be unsecured from the front cover.

If all you have to remove is the torx bolts to remove the top cover of the HPOP res, then the rest of the res should stay there, no issues.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Drill and tap the hpop cover?Why not use the inspection plug on top the cover to the right of the oil sender?
Thought about that. I do have a adapter to fit that thread but I dont think the reading will be accurate. The probe on the sender has to be flushed with oil to read right.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Ok im over stressing on it. So I pulled the plug (top right)

it was covered in oil and oil ran out of the whole so I think it should be good.

thanks for ya help bros

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
To be accurate it must be in the "flow" of oil. If not you will not see changes in temp... You can run adapters on pressure gauges, but temp gauges need to be in the fluid, and in the main flow. If not, you may get a reading, but it will be extremely slow to react.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
To be accurate it must be in the "flow" of oil. If not you will not see changes in temp... You can run adapters on pressure gauges, but temp gauges need to be in the fluid, and in the main flow. If not, you may get a reading, but it will be extremely slow to react.
So what are we saying here Joe. That port is no good ???

·
Swamped
309 Posts
If that is the 1/8 NPT pressure port where the engine meets the bellhousing you are good to go.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
If that is the 1/8 NPT pressure port where the engine meets the bellhousing you are good to go.
yes it is m8. worse case I will have to do the hpop cover. see what happens

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Have you considered a scan gauge?

If that don't work out you might take a look at 'em.
Wont suit my set up in cab. I have three gauges on the pillar mount and three on my overhead console all of the same brand. Stewart Warner.
boost-piro-fuel pressure-water temp-oil temp-trans temp.

·
Registered
763 Posts

Old autometer oil pressure sender...

Then the attached pic is the Isspro sender with the yellow arrow.
what fittings do u have on the old oil pressure gauge?

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
AN4 to 1/4" npt...

41 - 56 of 56 Posts