Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering about if anyone has compared oil systems by price vs. performance.

Something like the Overdrive vs. Stage 1 Stealth,

or BTS Twins vs. Stage 2 Stealth, vs Joey's Twins?

Just wondering....

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Notice you dont mention the adrenaline....any reason to this?

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
:doh:LOL:popcorn:

·
USASF Retired
305 Posts
Notice you dont mention the adrenaline....any reason to this?
Maybe he forgot about them...........

-OR-

Maybe he don't likem........... :eek:

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Dont forget about the Gen 3.....

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
This would make for a good write up in DP magazine....

Have companies who would like to participate, send in a pump to try out on one truck. Dyno it and take before and after data logs. Like they did with the 6 position chips a couple months ago.

Just a thought. .02

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
anything with twin stock pumps should do the same thing, as well as modded stock pumps. big singles and gen 3's would be the only thing worth comparing.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't include the Adrenaline or the Modded 17* because I've seen enough of that on the forum lately...

I did accidentally forget the Gen 3.

I'm just wondering the merits of each. History?

Nothing about the actual vendors though. Just wondering which setups leak/break the least, while still flowing enough to support something like a 300cc B-code with large nozzles.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
anything with twin stock pumps should do the same thing, as well as modded stock pumps. big singles and gen 3's would be the only thing worth comparing.
I agree that comparing two "brands" of twins would be pointless, but how does the twin pump stack up against the Gen 3 or the Stage 3 Stealth?

This is all just to start a conversation... I'm sure there were plenty of oil wars back before I was active. I'm not looking for one of those.

·
Registered
359 Posts
This would make for a good write up in DP magazine....

Have companies who would like to participate, send in a pump to try out on one truck. Dyno it and take before and after data logs. Like they did with the 6 position chips a couple months ago.

Just a thought. .02
:whs: exactly wat i was thinking that would be the best way to know for sure wat ur getting:ford:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
oil..chips...turbos....injectors.....IDK which one is harder to decode.

Sooo many threads over one another

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
i think some of these flow more oil than we need. i am sure the stage 3 stealth prob does and so does the gen3. i have been happy w/ my gen3 just modded it a lil. plus its hard to beat the price of the gen3 and ease of intallation.

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
PM JMS1, I am certain he has ran all of them... :D
im pretty sure he hasnt ran a stage 3 or the latest model of the stage 2, but i know he did run an older version of the stage 2 and reported problems iirc.

·
<<< Power
3,456 Posts
I agree that comparing two "brands" of twins would be pointless, but how does the twin pump stack up against the Gen 3 or the Stage 3 Stealth?

This is all just to start a conversation... I'm sure there were plenty of oil wars back before I was active. I'm not looking for one of those.
I'm interested in the data, not the opinions.

IF it's possible to have a thread with just the first.

I was more interested in tires, lockers, and plug gap back then.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts