Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
I use a combination of need nose vise grips, and a pry bar to get them out when they are stuck, I will clamp the tube tight enough not to collapse it and try prying if i can, if not I put the pry bar against the vice grips at the tube and hit with hammer strait up. If this does not work you will probably destroy the thing getting it out. Good luck.

Reactions: Zmann

·
Famous words "Watch This"
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use a combination of need nose vise grips, and a pry bar to get them out when they are stuck, I will clamp the tube tight enough not to collapse it and try prying if i can, if not I put the pry bar against the vice grips at the tube and hit with hammer strait up. If this does not work you will probably destroy the thing getting it out. Good luck.

Thanx needle nose lock pliers and pry bar worked like a charm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Famous words "Watch This"
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By the way the tip on one side of the tube the bottom half got bent about 1/8" in but it looks like the o ring should seal good use it or trash it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Jackleg Mechanic
881 Posts
I wouldn't chance it, unless you are willing to go back in and replace it. Not worth the trouble!!

·
Registered
620 Posts
If the dip stick moves freely in the tube and the spot for the oring is not damaged it will be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts