Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Banning Smut
19,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's hope for the wildlife, fishing industry, and for everybody else who depends on the Gulf for there lively hood that this thing isnt as bad as they say. They are talking like it could eclipse Valdez.

I also hope that the whole thing doesnt turn political. It does make you wonder since the White House decided to halt all new exploration in the gulf....

Wonder if we will see it at the pump as well?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
lets hope not, fuel is pricey enough the way it is, i already burn 400$ worth of diesel a month not to mention the gas in the blazer to go play in

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
I also hope that the whole thing doesnt turn political.
They shoulda thought of that when had a chance to install remote shutoff's. I'm not a tree hugger or a lib but this could have been avoided, or at least controled.

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
It's getting worse as we speak. This is all the gulf needs.

·
Diesel Sled Head
1,101 Posts
Fuel will go up. Just cause they can......

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
They shoulda thought of that when had a chance to install remote shutoff's. I'm not a tree hugger or a lib but this could have been avoided, or at least controled.
When the entire rig MELTS it collapses. when it collapses things break. It had every saftey feature it was supposed to have including a BOP.

But as usual, people listen to the media and jumped to conclusions.

·
Body Type: MULE
2,012 Posts
When the entire rig MELTS it collapses. when it collapses things break. It had every saftey feature it was supposed to have including a BOP.

But as usual, people listen to the media and jumped to conclusions.
First bit of slight intelligence I have seen.

First off, the BOP is removed and a well head is set in place when the well is completed. The well WAS completed and as a matter of fact the rig crew was in the process of pulling the riser pipe.

So for those saying that no safety tooling was in place!! Ha!! Your right because the damn well was finished.

Second off, they will not pull the BOP stack until the cement has set up. They KNOW almost exactly when it sets up by forcing a slug after the cement to pressure up.

A $700,000,000 rig doesn't just "Blow up" and melt down

The casing would have had to fail in order to take a ng kick which is extremely unlikely. Funny out of the 111 alive that nobody is telling a tale. Funny how the "explosion" happened at 7pm and there was no oil leak and the rig caught fire at 10pm when the SOS call was made. Funny how the water around the rig was not on fire when the fire boats were on scene!!! If it were already spewing oil all over while on fire ghe water around would have been ablaze as well...

I'm fully aware the economical affects this will have in the gulf, but please look into this alittle more!!!!! There is more to the Story. Nobody-- fox news, Sirius 144, Limbaugh, Hanity... Nobody is reporting on this properly because there all mechanically declined and have no f'ing clue as to how a drilling rig works.

Im no conspiracy theorist but I smell some shat!! Catch my drift......?

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
First bit of slight intelligence I have seen.

First off, the BOP is removed and a well head is set in place when the well is completed. The well WAS completed and as a matter of fact the rig crew was in the process of pulling the riser pipe.

So for those saying that no safety tooling was in place!! Ha!! Your right because the damn well was finished.

Second off, they will not pull the BOP stack until the cement has set up. They KNOW almost exactly when it sets up by forcing a slug after the cement to pressure up.

A $700,000,000 rig doesn't just "Blow up" and melt down

The casing would have had to fail in order to take a ng kick which is extremely unlikely. Funny out of the 111 alive that nobody is telling a tale. Funny how the "explosion" happened at 7pm and there was no oil leak and the rig caught fire at 10pm when the SOS call was made. Funny how the water around the rig was not on fire when the fire boats were on scene!!! If it were already spewing oil all over while on fire ghe water around would have been ablaze as well...

I'm fully aware the economical affects this will have in the gulf, but please look into this alittle more!!!!! There is more to the Story. Nobody-- fox news, Sirius 144, Limbaugh, Hanity... Nobody is reporting on this properly because there all mechanically declined and have no f'ing clue as to how a drilling rig works.

Im no conspiracy theorist but I smell some shat!! Catch my drift......?
What is your theory?

·
2,012 Posts
What is your theory?
Undecided but take a look at the threats that are going on for off shore drilling south east of Mexico. It's not publiczed very well. My trip to Slumberger was put on hold in South America due to recent threats.

Pretty much every "Theory" the media has come up with for the explosion is WAY out in left field. Nor does it coincide with the stage of the drilled completion process the rig was in.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Undecided but take a look at the threats that are going on for off shore drilling south east of Mexico. It's not publiczed very well. My trip to Slumberger was put on hold in South America due to recent threats.

Pretty much every "Theory" the media has come up with for the explosion is WAY out in left field. Nor does it coincide with the stage of the drilled completion process the rig was in.
I'm with you there is more than ppl are letting on

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Just about every show on NPR has spent a great deal of time on this and I have learned so much about drilling in the past week from NPR that it has made my head spin. From the reports on NPR, they had all the proper safety equipment, it was just a "perfect storm" to quote an oil analyst. And you all know this thing was political about 13 seconds after it happened. The real libs were looking for a chance to push the off shore drilling plans off the table. Plus another mining disaster (two killed in cave in) this will split the tender bipartisan consensus we had only a few weeks ago.

·
2,012 Posts
Seems like your on the right track for thinking maybe but NPR is a bunch of hokypoky.

Most oil analyst don't have a clue about a drilling rig either. Matter of fact atleast 65-70% of the people in the industry have no stinking clue about "how it works".......

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Seems like your on the right track for thinking maybe but NPR is a bunch of hokypoky.

Most oil analyst don't have a clue about a drilling rig either. Matter of fact atleast 65-70% of the people in the industry have no stinking clue about "how it works".......
What I find funny is how everyone is saying the only people who would have known what truly happened is the 11 that mysteriously got lost at sea.

And your 100% right, rigs just dont go boom. Something led up to this and everyone is just staying hush hush. There is alot more to this story than what is being reported...

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
The guys on NPR were mostly safety guys that had what it sounded like decades of experience drilling in the real world. They were not at all liberal either. I think most of the listeners are left of center, but the content is really well done. For instance, I lost the station today and ended up listening to Rush. Seriously learned zero about drilling, just a bunch of horse crap about raising the level of the Gulf. Seriously, after a half of an hour I couldn't get any other stations in I just turned it off and talked to my dog. I think NPR gets a bad rap sometimes. Plus they have Click and Clack the Car Talk brothers on Saturday's, Those two are the funniest som btchs I have ever listened to in my life.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts