Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first diesel about 2 weeks ago and was wondering what are most people putting in there truck. My truck is a 99 f350 7.3l

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I run delo 15-40.. but others run rotella, Mobil,Valvoline, amsoil, schaeffers. Schaffers is prolly the best u can run in a 7.3.. but run what's available that has the best charictoristics for your motors needs... like with mine I've run all but schaffers and my truck starts, idles, and runs a bit smoother then the others with the least amount of burn between oil change intervals.... actually the amsoil was the best so far but the price and the fact that I travel the country its just easier to find the delo..

·
Registered
429 Posts
I run 5w40 rotella full synthetic in my truck and it starts so much better in cold starts than just regular 15w40.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Amsoil and Schaffers are the best synthetics out there. Rotella T6 is a good cheaper synthetic. As long as it's a diesel rated (CJ-4) 15-40 or 5-40 full synthetic, you can't go wrong!

I run Amsoil, much easier cold starts, and runs like a champ!

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts
Just bought my first diesel about 2 weeks ago and was wondering what are most people putting in there truck. My truck is a 99 f350 7.3l
Where do you live? 7.3s aren't super picky about oil. Any CI or CJ rated oil will run fine in a 7.3. Personally I run Rotella T5 10w-30 in the winter and whatever name brand (Rotella, Delo, Delvac, Premium blue, etc) 15w40 is on sale in the summer/spring/fall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts