Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fellas. just found the forum about a week ago. i drive a 96 350. was feeling sorry for myself having to drive a 14 year old pick-up until i came here. feel like i got a commodity now.

my question to you veteran owners is when i start my truck it takes about 2-3 seconds before the oil pressure moves to center (normal). when it goes it snaps over there. is this just because the system takes a second to pressure up, or is it something to fret over? it has been doing it this way for the 5 years i owned it.
thanks ahead of time.

·
Bigfoot is an OBS
3,462 Posts
that gauge is just a simple pressure switch from what I have read, once it reaches a set pressure that is told by the pcm then it will read that its normal....
Nope. PCM has nothing to do with it.
It's a pressure switch that closes when the pressure reaches a certain point. At that point the circuit for the 'gauge' is completed, and the 'gauge' indicates good oil pressure.

It's 100% normal for it to take a second or two (maybe three) to come to the 'normal' position.

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
Nope. PCM has nothing to do with it.
It's a pressure switch that closes when the pressure reaches a certain point. At that point the circuit for the 'gauge' is completed, and the 'gauge' indicates good oil pressure.

It's 100% normal for it to take a second or two (maybe three) to come to the 'normal' position.
alright thanks for correcting me I wasnt too sure about it. more info I learn the better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.