Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
There are a couple of plugs on the heads you can use. Same places the HPOP lines attach or the ICP sensor one at each end of the heads

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
With your last post it makes it sound like you have a regular oil pressure guage. That is not at all compatible with reading pressure from the HPOP which put out up to almost 4000psi.

·
7.3 Enthusiast
682 Posts
That would've been a mess! :eek:

Usually an HPOP pressure gauge would be electronic and operate off an ICP sensor.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok with the one i have then were could i install it at then? ill get a different one that reads the hpop. the one inside the truck is a dummy gauge. i heard that it could be put in next to the oil filter?

·
Swamped
309 Posts
You can put it a few places

• 1/8 NPT pressure port at the filter housing

• 1/8 NPT port at where the engine meets the bellhousing

• The spare port in the HPOP resevoir
I have mine at where the engine meets the bellhousing to measure rear main bearing pressure.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Dipricol and Autometer at a minimum both make HPOP gauges. A little shopping at some sponsors like ITP will give you some ideas.

·
Crazy Redneck
867 Posts
Yes you can put it in the resivor for the hpop. You will need a -04ORB to 1/8" npt adaptor fitting.

That will read your Engine oil pressure.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
The key word out of uncool's post is the reservoir not the HPOP. In the reservoir it will read regular oil pressure like 0-100psi.

·
7.3 Enthusiast
682 Posts
It's the only unpainted :)doh:) part in the center, front, top of my engine.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
I think you are at a point to where you need to find someone more experienced nearby that can assist you. My last comment to you is that I would not recommend using an oil pressure gauge with a line that brings oil into the cab of your truck. From your previous description made it sound like you have that type. Temp use might be OK but long term is probably not a good idea.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Hmm never have seen the autometer, joey. Who sells the twin terminator hpops has the supergauge that will read hpop as well as a boat load of other things.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Yes they make electrical ones, and they read off the 5v sensors.
They work well and prob safer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts