Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 7.3 l that is leaking oil from the ICP sensor. I replaced it now four times in the last 4 months. Three times in the last 2 weeks. First ICP was OEM The next two were aftermarket and the last one is from Ford. It's hard to believe I have an ICP issue. Any ideas what could be causing repeated oil leaks from this location?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know my high pressure oil pump is starting to fail. I recently had the injector cups replaced but do not see how that is relevant to this. Truck was in accident in late July but did not do damage passed radiator. High pressure oil pump was giving me issues prior to accident. The issue is that when I stomp on the gas pedal I lose oil pressure at the high end. Any help would be appreciated.

·
PSN intsigator
6,266 Posts
Is it possible you have a bad, or wrong oring on it.

Where is it specifically leaking from, the threads, the connector, or the body?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have this exact same issue..... I’ve replaced mine twice and the connector still has a lot of oil in it every time I check it. Oh I did replace the pigtail the first time as well so it’s not that. I’ll be curious to see if you get any solutions

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the delay! I know the oil came from the pigtail on some of the ICPs, but not sure on the last. I lost 9 quarts and the engine died before I could see. Judging from the mess, I would say that some was coming from the threads this time (maybe more than one location). The shop (new one) said the ICP was lose enough to unscrew by hand using a socket. I go the truck back with a ford ICP and no root cause analysis ideas from now the second shop. If it happens again I guess I will have to take it back to Ford. I cannot afford to keep paying to fix the leak and not address the problem. It is a 17 year old truck, not sure the locals know as much about them as they used to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts