Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am replacing my clutch and i started pulling my transmission and saw oil leaking down the flywheel out of what looks like the oil pan seal. has anyone seen this before. i still havent gotten a good look yet at it but wondering if anyone has run into it. i am guessing drop the oil pan and reseal? is there anywhere else that oil would be leaking from down around the flywheel? thanks, just want to make sure i dont ruin my new 900 dollar clutch from oil getting on it.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
You cant just "drop the pan", more like pull the motor to drop the pan. Are you sure you dont have any leaks up top in the valley of the motor?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have to look at it a little closer but the way it looks with the transmissin out the pan may be able to drop a few inches and able to work in there to squeeze some gasket maker and put it back up after cleaning it of coarse. not sure if that will work or not.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a feeling its the turbo pedestal leaking

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
rear main just had to replace mine

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gonna change that too just to be safe

·
Registered
219 Posts
Might want to check around the turbo, it drains in the same spot via drain hole in the valley.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i did the whole job of pulling the engine and putting in the new rear main seal for this reason...turned out it was the pedestal. that was when i learned how often they leak. try looking in the upper valley area first. might just save you 16 hours and some cash.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts