Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats going on here? is the boot bad or something? its making a mess lol, going all down the engine and onto the ground...its not a bad leak at all, but i wanna get it resolved

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
judgeing by the oil that is prolly on that plastic wire cover I would venture to guess that there is oil in the valley of the motor?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
theres oil everywhere...valley, all the way down, and even a few spots under the truck...but that stuff all up on top is covered, so i wouldnt think it would be a valve cover, it looks like something up top is leaking and its just dripping down everything else

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont know much about these motors at all...is there anyway you could get a pic of what youre talking about to help me find it?

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
my 97 is a little bit different, one of the SD owners should be able to help. but I highly doubt that its oil coming from the turbo.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Its the CCV vent... Normal...

Do the CCV mod, and then clean everything up.

To be clear... There is no oil leak shown in that picture, just normal seepage out of the boots. Every stock or lightly modded PSD will have this. Everyone that has done the CCV mod will not have this.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Its the CCV vent... Normal...

Do the CCV mod, and then clean everything up.

To be clear... There is no oil leak shown in that picture, just normal seepage out of the boots. Every stock or lightly modded PSD will have this. Everyone that has done the CCV mod will not have this.
thanks. I just assumed that was caused by an oil leak from a hpo line saince he said there was oil everywhere.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Also looks as if that boot is about ready to blow off...Drivers side has slipped quite a bit.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok thanks...would the ccv cause the oil to go all over? its leaving spots on my driveway every night, not huge puddles or anything, about the size of a half dollar coin

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Look down in the valley...

The CCV will not leak enough oil to "drip".

I would bet you have a turbo pedistal leak or a HPO leak at the pump. Clean everything up and watch it for a few days.

The picture you show is not where your oil leak is coming from.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
guzzles site says its possible

Most people consider doing the CCV Mod because they find oil drips on the driveway from residue running down the back of their 7.3L diesel and dripping to the ground. In less severe cases, the intercooler boots become saturated with oil mist just to cover them and surrounding areas of the engine with a dirty grime.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Look down in the valley...

The CCV will not leak enough oil to "drip".

I would bet you have a turbo pedistal leak or a HPO leak at the pump. Clean everything up and watch it for a few days.

The picture you show is not where your oil leak is coming from.
also...isnt the hpo pump at the front? my leak is way in back, its pretty much directly under the cab, you can see where its coming down behind the oil pan.

want me to get more pics with a real camera?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
and i dont believe it to be the pan or the valve covers, because it all traces back up to that spot i posted a pic of...its hard to tell from the pic, but everything directly below that point is covered

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
also...isnt the hpo pump at the front? my leak is way in back, its pretty much directly under the cab, you can see where its coming down behind the oil pan.

want me to get more pics with a real camera?

Check the valley...

The only way for oil to get out of the valley is out the back...

See that hole on the top left of the motor... That is the only way for oil to get out of the valley...

The CCV will not NORMALLY leak enough oil to cause oil drips on a regular basis... More then likely you have a turbo pedistal leak or a HPO leak...

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
and i dont believe it to be the pan or the valve covers, because it all traces back up to that spot i posted a pic of...its hard to tell from the pic, but everything directly below that point is covered
Check the valley...

The only way for oil to get out of the valley is out the back...

See that hole on the top left of the motor... That is the only way for oil to get out of the valley...

The CCV will not NORMALLY leak enough oil to cause oil drips on a regular basis... More then likely you have a turbo pedistal leak or a HPO leak...
See bold part above...:poke:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
its so hard to tell...literally everything is covered in grime

why does oil in the valley mean it cant be the ccv? if its leaking down where those boots are, it would be directly under there

1 - 20 of 52 Posts