Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so heres the deal. i have replaced the pedistal orings, tighten the nut on the side of the oil pan and put aircraft sealent around so it wont losin up. the valley is dry. what else could be the issue? im out of ideas. its still leaking around the oil pan in the back and throught that little hole on the bellhousing. also on the right side of the bell housing. im not ganna put it in the shop and have them give me a false list of what needs to be replaced. this would be the one thing to make me sell this truck.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Come on bro i thought you were fixing this:poke:

I hope all mine turns out to be is pedestal orings. Im gonna get a 38r before i tear into the turbo. Might as well spice it up a little while im in there:D

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Is there any oil on the back side of your heads. Between the heads and the firewall.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Headgaskets?

·
Pearson's Diesel
473 Posts
Have you checked the pedistal where the shaft comes out

·
just a welding fool.
1,097 Posts
wipe down around the oil pan gasket. I found my leak coming from that when i pulled the trans. I almost thought it was a rear main seal. It's still leaking like a sieve, but i don't have time to tear it all apart, and jack up the motor to pull the pan. mine is leaking mostly from the back, and it's dripping from the bell housing as well.

might wanna check the oil cooler too. that started to leak down the drivers side.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
i never looked. what would that be?
There are a couple of plugs on the back of the heads. Hight pressure oil rail plugs. Sometimes they leak.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts