Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Powerstroke Addict
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it thought I blew my hpop o rings out again because I found oil towards the front of the valley. But after checking the fittings they appeared to be bone dry, so now I am lost as to what the problem could be. The oil mostly drips on the starter side of the engine down the oil pan. I need some help from you guys who have had similar problems. Anything would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
turbo pedistal maybe?

·
Need a ride.
553 Posts
Another vote for turbo pedestal or oil plugs. Best thing to do is spray some simple green all around in there and with some water from your hose clean everything out and after its dry check again after a short trip. Make sure your oil is topped off. Another culprit is that dreaded oil plug under your HPOP, its not visable unless you use a mirror, the treads strip out of sorts and begin to leak. Check that and let us know, theres upgraded plugs available if thats the problem, good luck.

·
Powerstroke Addict
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked the turbo pedistal and it is bone dry. I cleaned the whole valley of oil and ran it for a week. Aagin the oil puddled up and leaked. So, I checked the pedistal and HPOP o rings(the 3 main leak spots) and found NO evidence of any oil leaks there. But the bottom of the HPOP does seem to be saturated with oil. So, now where do I go from here.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Could be the HPOP gasket.

·
Registered
763 Posts
High pressure oil rail plugs or pedestal?
does anyone have a pic of the high pressure oil rails. im leaking at the bell housing and cant figure it out. the only thing i can think of is the rail or rear main seal

1 - 12 of 12 Posts