Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have ran into a issue that im hopeing im can get assistance with. I have a 2007 f350 6.0l crew cab DRW lariat 180xxxmiles it has devolped a oil leak that runs down back side of block. I replaced hpop and oil cooler and resealed the ipr and new screen and new oil pressure switch. Sealed it all up right double checked torque etc. Oil leak still seems to be there any ideas what to look at next before i take it to a shop.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Did you use black RTV at the engine block/rear cover junction? They don't always mate up smoothly and the HPOP gasket sometimes won't seal against two uneven surfaces. That's just one possibility of many, but since you focused on that I'm assuming you didn't have the leak prior to the maintenance. Also, check your turbo drain and oil supply lines.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Well, I would suggest taking a look in the valley with a bright light to see if you can see any oil running from the cooler to the back. That's what always bites me in the butt on these. Realistically, just check everything which has anything to do with oil and is in that area. If you have a scope camera you could even take a look at the back side of the IPR.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All that is clean and free of oil. Put new orings and screen on that as it was part of the kits the i purchesed. I even replaced pressure switch because it was a prior leak spot. I tore everyrhthing down deep cleaned every part i took off, cleaned the valley. As well as the sides of block. To see if a leak would still be there after all that. It has slowed down alot since all that but something is still leaking.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
It COULD be residual sitting on the top of the tranny working its way down. One sure way to know is to use some good degreaser in the valley and try to get as much onto the top of the tranny as you can as well. Rinse it with low-ish pressure and then see what happens. If it's residual, the leak won't come back. If it's an actual leak, with everything clean it will be easier to spot where it's coming from.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ill check that out and see where it gets me. Ill see if i cant take it to a truck wash and give it a good bath lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts