Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 05 250 and it's leaking off the starter. I'm thinking it's coming from the top but can't find the source it seems to only leak after I park it while it's hot.
Thanks for any help in advance
:dfpsn:

·
giantred
53 Posts
Mine is doing the same in the same place. I would also like to know where it is coming from.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
It could be top HPOP cover where the block meets the back cover, I've seen the turbo leak from the arm that operates the unison ring, you'll see the oil around the exhaust side of the turbo. Just get on top of the engine and look around.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It could be top HPOP cover where the block meets the back cover, I've seen the turbo leak from the arm that operates the unison ring, you'll see the oil around the exhaust side of the turbo. Just get on top of the engine and look around.
I just put a 4" turbo back exhaust on my truck and there is no oil on the turbo. I crawled around on it the other day and it's wet on back of the motor it sounds like that HPOP cover expect I'm not exactly sure check that or fix it.
This is my first 6.0 and still learning where is at on the truck. It's nothing like my 7.3.

So could I check and see if it is the HPOP cover leaking oil?

---------------------------------------
99.5 F-250 ex-cab LWB 4x4 4" turbo back diy intake canned tuned

2005 F-250 crew cab swb Fx4 4" turbo back XDP coolant filter hi idle mod

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hpop cover is behind the turbo in the valley. It's aluminum. There's a solenoid attached to it as well. Ps my 05 is doing the same thing.
Thanks for the info. You said your 05 is leaking in the same place. Is this oil leak common on these trucks? I have heard about STC fitting leaking oil or is that just a no hot start? Cuz it starts fine hot or cold.

I would really like all the high dollar oil to stay in my truck.
:psnb:

·
Registered
187 Posts
YEah it runs down the block by the starter onto the trans line I get one small drip a night I havent found where from yet. Maybe rear main seal, theres an inspection cover between the oil pan and trans (black rubber)

·
Jackleg Mechanic
881 Posts
The STC leaking would be an internal leak and not visible on the outside. I'd check the torque on the valve cover bolts in the back. If someone has had the covers off their a PITA to get to and could have not been tightened properly. Go at them from under and back.

·
giantred
53 Posts
What is the rocker box

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had the same issue awhile back, fearing this and that was leaking, come to find out my turbo oil feed tube had a bolt that had backed off a couple turns.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts