Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this oil leak since my truck went back together. I have looked high and low for the cause. I have replaced orings and fittings to remedy it . I had a few leaks coming from the boss fittings on the head. The seal in the cps was giving up. So after fixing all of those and many many trips to the carwash I have isolated the last one . The pedestal is leaking where the oil is supplied to the turbo. It is leaking behind the turbo so I havent been able to determine if its where the pedestal meets the block or where the pedestal joins the turbo. Either way the pedestal is a ebpv delete pedestl from Beans and the turbo is a d66 dominator.

What should I do send both of them back to beans and ask for both of them to be replaced or try to guess what is the cause ?

I am pretty sure that there is not an o ring pinched . The guys that built my motor were employed at international for 30 yrs before opening their own shop and have sen a ton of 444E motors. Not to mention the motor was completely out of the truck when the turbo , pedestal and up pipes went on . So its not like it was in the truck and a little more difficult to install.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
I have had this oil leak since my truck went back together. I have looked high and low for the cause. I have replaced orings and fittings to remedy it . I had a few leaks coming from the boss fittings on the head. The seal in the cps was giving up. So after fixing all of those and many many trips to the carwash I have isolated the last one . The pedestal is leaking where the oil is supplied to the turbo. It is leaking behind the turbo so I havent been able to determine if its where the pedestal meets the block or where the pedestal joins the turbo. Either way the pedestal is a ebpv delete pedestl from Beans and the turbo is a d66 dominator.

What should I do send both of them back to beans and ask for both of them to be replaced or try to guess what is the cause ?

I am pretty sure that there is not an o ring pinched . The guys that built my motor were employed at international for 30 yrs before opening their own shop and have sen a ton of 444E motors. Not to mention the motor was completely out of the truck when the turbo , pedestal and up pipes went on . So its not like it was in the truck and a little more difficult to install.
Replace all of the o-rings around the pedestal. There should be 2 under the pedestal, and two between the pedestal and the turbo.
Replacement O-rings for Ford Diesel Engines
Its really not anyone's fault that they failed. Some last longer than others.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
The o-rings between the pedistal and the turbo are a pain to get right. The groove for them is in the turbo. I always hold them in place with a dab of grease.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
It sounds to me like a few O-rings were reused on your build and they just needed to be replace. I would pull the turbo, inspect the sealing faces, put in fresh O-rings and call it done.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replace all of the o-rings around the pedestal. There should be 2 under the pedestal, and two between the pedestal and the turbo.
Replacement O-rings for Ford Diesel Engines
Its really not anyone's fault that they failed. Some last longer than others.
The truck has about 200 miles on it since the build.

It sounds to me like a few O-rings were reused on your build and they just needed to be replace. I would pull the turbo, inspect the sealing faces, put in fresh O-rings and call it done
There was two unopened packages of o rings that got sent with the parts . I doubt they used already installed o rings.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
If they look good then I would give Beans a call and discuss it over with him. No matter I am sure it will get handled.

·
Registered
871 Posts

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
There was two unopened packages of o rings that got sent with the parts . I doubt they used already installed o rings.
I have to say I would be disapointed to be fixing that many minor oil leaks. I hope you get this all worked out and have some smooth sailing.

Tom

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I talked to the guy that built the motor for me today. He said that if something he did caused the oil leak he will fix it no charge. He also said that if he gets it off and its a parts problem then he will charge me $65.00 to R&R the turbo and pedestal. I talked to Beans a few months ago and whoever it was that I talked to (it wasnt Ryan) said they will replace the bad parts. I havent read any posts ever slamming Beans Diesel Performance. So I am going to have to say that is an accurate statement . However if it is a parts problem then I will gladly post the outcome of the situation. Like I said above " I have never heard or read anything negative about their customer service". I am taking the truck in Monday or Tuesday so I will know what the diagnosis is for the leak hopefully by the end of the week. I am hoping its just a pinched o ring so I dont have a lot of down time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts