Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Diesel Truck Tech
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have flushed out my radiator to get the oil out, I used Dawn dishsoap the first time,after that I have went through the process 3 times of draining and filling the engine with straight water and running it to operating temp to try to get as much of the oil and soap out before I add Nalcool and coolant, Im thinking that I will need to just drain and fill it and not run the engine since the hot water will continue to make bubble or suds up which I dont want, any ideas or help would be good, thanks.

·
Administrator
8,806 Posts
did you fix the oil cooler to stop the oil leak into the cooling system?

·
Diesel Truck Tech
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I rebuilt the engine and have been running it to see if my problem would be coming back.
I believe I had either a bad block or a head gasket issuse, either way so far all is good.
I have realised to replace the heads on this engine it is easier to pull the engine from the truck to properly torque the head bolts, so after all the work I have done, I just need to get the remaining oil and soap out of the radiator.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
taking it to a rad shop and having it rodded and cleaned is cheap and the best option.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,331 Posts
Agreed. Like I told you on the other Forum you asked the same question about

1 - 6 of 6 Posts