Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
02 F250 / 7.3L / 4X4
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my AFE stage 2 intake and it looked like there was oil in there. Anyone know why?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
the ccv will do that. Some is normal.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Film or puddles?

·
02 F250 / 7.3L / 4X4
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a film. Not a lot. This is my first diesel so this is all new to me. Had a 96 gmc 1500 that I knew inside and out, loved that truck. Went to change my ball joint on the 250 and fell into a whole different world. I'm having to almost relearn everything.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Film is normal and hang in there. You'll get it.

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Look up guzzle's CCV mod. Re route it out to atmosphere.

·
Registered
444 Posts
film is normal you will see the Crank Case Ventilation tube comes from the valvecover to the intake and some light misting or oil drawn into the intake tube will leave that film. You can get rid of that if you want with the CCV mod but if you live in a climate where freezing can happen be carefull where you vent to and how the tube runs. Some moisture also runs with the mist and the moisture can collect and freeze causing the excess pressure to blow a seal somewhere, could be an important one that costs alot of money to repair, i just left mine alone and never had an issue up here in Canada.

·
02 F250 / 7.3L / 4X4
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the answers guys. I'll look up the ccv mod. I go snowboarding quite a bit in the winter, will that be a problem with the mod? Should I leave it as is?

·
Registered
444 Posts
no problem, just remember that water vaper escapes with this slight oily film and if you are not carefull how you route the drain hose/pipe and leave an area that allows the water to form a trap and seal off this tube, then yes it will be a problem. drain correctly and no problems at all.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
I would leave it be, ccv mod done wrong blows oil out of everywhere, done the usual way stinks, smokes and pollutes. Done the right way can be expensive if purchased.
Not to mention you gain little or nothing from it.

·
02 F250 / 7.3L / 4X4
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the help guys. I think I'll just leave it as is though.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
good idea

1 - 12 of 12 Posts