Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 f250 6.0 i recently noticed I started getting oil in my exhaust. The truck only has 123 thousand miles I checked the turbo no shaft play truck smokes white gray smoke when started up quite a bit of smoke till engin gets up to tmp then it goes away. The truck is stock just egr deletions and head studs any info would be great

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,162 Posts
Sounds more like an injector dumping fuel than oil.

Are you losing an oil level?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oil doesn’t seem to go down but I pulled the down pipe it does have a decent amount of oil in the pipe I didn’t get a chance to check anything else

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,162 Posts
Well, if it is much oil then it might be time to rebuild the turbo or go w/ a new one then.

Have you checked for codes?

ForScan Lite (for your phone) is a great tool, reads codes well!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only code it throws is a egr code but that’s gone if there is oil in the up-pipes would that mean a cylinder issue

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,162 Posts
More common for fuel and soot to mix in the up-pipe. It can look like oil.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I had oil in my pipe caused by a closed off crankcase vent...excess pressure inside the engine pushed the oil past the shaft seal on the turbo and right out the pipe. I've also seen the excess fuel mixed with soot. Be certain what you're dealing with before you go changing parts. I swapped out a turbo because I didn't have time to wait for a rebuild kit, when all I had to do was unblock the crankcase vent. Others have replaced 8 injectors when it was an EGR cooler problem. Point is, it can get expensive very quickly, so diagnose carefully.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts