Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday while pulling a steep hill, noticed i was running a little warm, checked the antifreeze today and there is oil in it:mad:. Question is what are the most common causes of this and what should i check first? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
I am with the oil cooler o-rings having failed. It is super common. Also easier to fix. Then I would lean towards the injector cups as the second most common cause.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you buy the whole cooler or just the o rings?

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Either way.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where can u find the whole cooler, I am having trouble finding it, is it a stealership only item, I bet it is high $. I have been told the coolers are a pain in the arse to get apart and back together right.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
not a pain at all its easy as pie. Just get the two gaskets and 4 o-rings

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
JFURNER77
404 Posts
Where can u find the whole cooler, I am having trouble finding it, is it a stealership only item, I bet it is high $. I have been told the coolers are a pain in the arse to get apart and back together right.
You have to go to Ford for parts.
Oil cooler $250-$290
Gaskets&O-rings $75
I had to drain my motor twice this winter. Clean coolant system with degreaser and dawn multiple times.With high mileage engine it is better to replace the cooler than to take a chance. I could not find any Ford dealer near Cincy that could pressure test the oil cooler. They claim, too old!!:( only do the new models.
Additional costs
Oil&filter $60
Coolant $50
T-stat $15
The mess $priceless$

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got all the parts, now I am stuck at work for two days, give it a whirl Friday.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You don't have to go to ford. You can get the exact same parts they sell cheaper. Those seals and gaskets are made by alliant. Not Ford. I just got the kit online for 50 bucks. Gaskets and seals.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
like I said parts house much better option;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts