Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I flushed the cooling system on my truck a couple weeks ago with the restore plus. I looked in the degas bottle today and it looks like there is some oil at the top. what should I check? Is it possible that it is just junk that got cleaned out and floated to the top? thanks for anyhelp guys

·
Registered
80 Posts
either its the flusher you used cause ive heard alot of different kinds are junk, that or you have a blown head gasket, i had the same problem then the thermostate clogged up and it would over heat, if it looks like thick brown cholate milk you got oil in your coolant

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The truck doesnt overheat, its not puking, or losing or gaining coolant. its not brown. its close to the same color as the coolant

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's probably your oil cooler leaking. Replace your egr cooler as well while the manifold is off for preventative maintainence. I would put a bullet proof egr cooler on it.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Please explain why you think having oil in your coolant is a cause of blown head gaskets ? Also how old is your oil cooler ? Do yourself a favor purchase a coolant filtration system for 120 bucks and it save you a lot of hassle.if you don't have emission delete the egr. If yours in an early 04 it won't throw a cel.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe the oil cooler is stock. I want to replace the oil cooler and do an egr delete I just dont have the extra money right now. I looked at it a little more today and i think it is just stuff that got broken loose by the flush. Ill order a coolant filter and see if that helps. thanks guys

·
Registered
59 Posts
I put a coolant filter on mine when I did the egr delete and oil cooler change. Seems like it has helped a lot. Will find out more in Nov when I head to Illinois to hunt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts