Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen on here where people have trouble with some caps this is not a factory motorcraft cap. Im gonna go to day and pick up a factory cap and filter and some oil. Does anyone know if the billet caps are better and could prevent this?

·
The Unseen Mod
4,123 Posts
Odd I never had a problem. Im still on a factory cap, ive personally never heard of this one.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did a search on it and came up with one other post...it didnt blow it completly off it looks like its cross threaded sitting on the housing?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
First I have heard of this. Never had an issue with my stock cap or the billet one.

Hope your housing isn't messed up with any of that cross threading

·
Captain Negativity!
3,108 Posts
Usually the ones with the cap built into the filter are the ones that pop. The factory caps usually don't but I'm sure if you got it hot enough it will. The billet cap isn't going to pop. That aluminum is thick enough for the application.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i dunno if it was cross threaded or not i didnt install it....but will find out later this after noon just picked up a filter and new factory cap

·
Word
608 Posts
Haha...I followed the oil trail all the way to your parking space this morning....

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Usually the ones with the cap built into the filter are the ones that pop. The factory caps usually don't but I'm sure if you got it hot enough it will. The billet cap isn't going to pop. That aluminum is thick enough for the application.
I have found that its not the factory cap, it has the element made onto it like a purolator. It is also out of round aswell. Im going to install a new motorcraft oil Cap and filter and see what happends.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was a loooooong trail..haha hopefully there is no damage to the internals or injectors.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got oil in her and new cap and filter, let it build oil pressure and she cranked up. Runs a little rough I guess untill the air works out the injector rails in the heads but seems to run good so far, everything is covered in oil...im gonna hate cleaning it with 13qts of oil on the truck.

·
Word
608 Posts
You know that's $150 in oil I gave you...Glad I didn't have to pay for it... lol

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah it took alot of it too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts