·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a whole mess of problems with my 02 f250 210,000 miles
1. oil dripping from exhaust
2. low coolant level
3. oil/coolant sludge in the intake tube

just had headgaskets done, coolant filled cylinders on drivers side, heads were completely checked over and pressure tested just to be sure it was not injector sleeves

also rebuilt oil cooler 2 weeks after that because black oil was in coolant bottle

is there any one thing that would cause all this? or am i in a mess with a whole bunch of different problems?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Other than the obvious things like leaking hoses, thermostat housing, and weep hole on the water pump, Cracked injector cup/s could cause you to be low on coolant, and also could Have caused your cylinder to fill up with coolant. Head gaskets are really rare to go out on these trucks. How fast does your coolant go down? Gonna need more info on the oil leak. Start by checking the engine valley for oil. Oil in the degas bottle was probably from the oil cooler failure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
only exterior leak is the black oil dripping from exhaust, seems to have some by intake
injector cups were checked/ pressure tested when headgaskets were done
no oil in valley
very light sign of oil in bottle now but that probably from not being flushed the best
I added a gallon of coolant in 5 hours of engine run time

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
back track some my first problem since head gasket job was oil pouring from exhaust so thought turbo and as i read was told to take intake off and check end play and up and down movement but when was goin to pull intake found that mess in there, so checked coolant and was low too

what done so far since yesterday
added 1 gallon of coolant to fill bottle today with out running it at the bottom
did pressure test could not find leak and lost no pressure
tried starting truck to see if built pressure in about 15 mins it was about 8-10 psi
was nearly 2 gallons low on oil and no coolant came out when drained but alot of oil/coolant mix on oil cap and coming from ccv into intake

·
Registered
708 Posts
If your losing that much coolant on a daily basis, with no visual drips or leaks, I'd definitely stop driving the truck till you figure it out. Hopefully someone else can chime in with some better info to help you.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
To lose that much oil with out it leaking from engine seals, it either has to be going out the turbo or being burned in the engine. It sounds like the head job got botched, especially since the engine is going through coolant with no leaks. I'd tear it back down and re-check everything. Is the oil milky?

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Rebuild oil cooler....might check center section for damaged pipes.
At those kind of miles and age the orings are done anyway.
dorman has a 30 kit fords 70..at dieselorings....center section is more like 200

compression test the motor as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dumped oil it was not milky at all

oil cooler was rebuilt

and trying to find someone that can do compression test in motor

turbo checked out good when heads were redone, and i dont think the oil getting burnt because what dumping out exhaust is just like i was dumping oil to change it

what could of been messed up during head gasket job?

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
What kind of air filter do you have..when was it serviced last.
did you do the ccv mod..if so how did you run it.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Should not be either...your good on air filter some change that every 30-50k
botched ccv can but preassure on crankcase and blast oil all kinds of places...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
finally got bad to working on truck
turbo was the cause of leaking oil into exhaust
so now onto the little amount of oil in coolant and also coolant oil mess coming into intake

could it be residual stuff working way free from blown headgasket from not being flushed good?

also still needed to add coolant every so often

1 - 12 of 12 Posts