Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Beef
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the oil in the truck recently and after dumping 3 gallons in I checked the dip stick expecting to see the oil on the low mark, confirming the last few quarts. I did completely drain the pan so I was a little shocked when the oil on the dip stick marks at the top of the "normal" range.

I added the remaining quarts to total 15 and the oil measurement didn't change. I check my oil @ least once a month or when fueling up and it doesn't matter if I had just drove all day or the truck sits for a weekend. When I check the stick, I pull, wipe, reinsert and pull to check and the oil on the end of the dip stick is always the same.

Am I completely retarded as why the heck is there always oil in the normal even when I did the initial check at 12 quarts, which should be low enough IMHO to not show up on the dip stick but it shows "normal".

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think the Oil stage displaying on dipstick, I want to create sure I don't over or under complete my engine with oil,,if you take outside of the go then you experience a issue.
so take simple and with complete atention.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts