Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you tie an external oil cooler in a oil bypass filter setup if so what cooler would you use

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
You definitely could. I would probably put in in the return line. As for which one to use? I honestly don't have a clue! lol It's not something I've ever looked into, so I just couldn't say.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I just thought about that if I put the whole kit together I could probably do it for under 200 bucks by using a brand new trans cooler tied in.

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
it's been done a few times , no one was that impressed with their outcome

maybe a 2* drop in oil * was the best i recall seeing reported and that was with some long frame rail coolers

it's not like hot oil is a huge issue in a proper functioning setup

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that's true but I like modifying thing to see if it can be done I already changed the internal oil cooler and put in a egr delete from sinister so it's just gonna be to see if I can do it. plus the cooler i have in mind has a small fan that I can put on a switch when towing up hill.

·
Registered
4 Posts
probably a lot cheaper to just backflush your oil cooler, if that's why your trying to avoid is a oil cooler replacement.... I just did mine I was hitting 245 EOT, back flushed it last night and now max EOT is 193.72.... probably a lot less time consuming than trying to rig a external cooler for hopes that it may work....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts