Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,396 Posts
I'd suggest another "fix" before doing the whole replacement. I have recently replaced my oil cooler and still have the EOT/ECT split.
I know now there is an oil cooler bypass plunger/valve/whatever at the bottom of the oil filter housing. I will be replacing this small $9+ (from the dealer) part hoping this is the solution to my issue. Since this plunger would cause the oil to NOT flow into the cooler when activated or stuck I think this is a cheap investment versus doing another replacement (in my case).

I'll post up my results when completed.

·
06powerstroke4x4
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, I was thinking about doing an oil cooler re-location and mod but from what I am told there are not many options and they are very expensive. I am not having any issues yet. key word yet. I am just trying to figure out what my options are when I have to address it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'd suggest another "fix" before doing the whole replacement. I have recently replaced my oil cooler and still have the EOT/ECT split.
I know now there is an oil cooler bypass plunger/valve/whatever at the bottom of the oil filter housing. I will be replacing this small $9+ (from the dealer) part hoping this is the solution to my issue. Since this plunger would cause the oil to NOT flow into the cooler when activated or stuck I think this is a cheap investment versus doing another replacement (in my case).

I'll post up my results when completed.
I'm also having issues with higher oil temps and I see you also have a GoGo stage I intake...
Before I installed the GoGo intake my ECT/EOT delta was between 3 & 5 degrees, now it's 12 to 20 degrees.
I'm convinced it's because of the smallish 3/8" I.D. coolant return hose from the oil cooler (6AN fittings and hose), this small hose then goes into the coolant reservoir on a 1/4" I.D. fitting. This has to be greatly reducing the water flow through the oil cooler (since the OEM hose or EGR delete pipe/hose is 5/8").

I just ordered some 8 AN fittings and hose to see if I can increase the flow by splitting it with a tee into both return ports on the coolant reservoir. If this helps I'm going to find an aluminum coolant tank that I can put a 1/2" or larger return fitting on.
Or go back to the stock intake with EGR delete and see if that fixes my oil temp issue.

·
Registered
427 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts