Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forums have a problem!

Have 05 6.0 102,000 had ficm replaced in winter with latest flash done, Have not towed trailer since late fall. Started towing trailer approx. 11,000 lbs
noticed wrench came up after about 20 miles of driving. Scaned vehicle while driving code P012F. Noticed EOT/ ECT temps 20* apart EOT higher backed of
so temps would drop down.Assumeing oil cooler is starting to clog Is there any other remedy other than changeing oil and egr coolers. No white smoke no loss of power yet. hopefuly did not get hot enough yet.still have to get back from destination about 150 miles. Any help would be greatful.

Thanks,:ford:

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you right now. I got a oil cooler and trying to figure out what to do on the EGR side since I want to tackle it all at once. Mine is fine when cruising around town, but get out on the highway and cruise at 70+ for a little while and oil temp will start to climb.

I would say to do the oil cooler, as well as the screen below it (something like $5 or so) and then delete the EGR cooler. Maybe do the upgrade oil drain back tube while your there too (I think its an 07 update maybe)

·
Registered
66 Posts
sounds like time to rebuild the oil cooler...you definately want to do that before it ruptures and puts oil in your coolant!! I heard with the new flash, you get a wrench when the temp difference is 15 degrees or greater

·
Registered
16 Posts
just repaired one today for custumer was driving down the interstae wrench light came on and turned around eot ect diif was 20 degrees ony should be 10 degrees ford is tring to save your ass from puking oil in the coolant or taking out the egr cooler get it fixed asap oil cooler is restricted no need to change egr cooler if not leaking or go to bulletproof diesel and get egr cooler kit i also checked hpop fitting was already upgraded 8.5 hrs unless need flushed out

·
PETE ENGR PSD
973 Posts
just repaired one today for custumer was driving down the interstae wrench light came on and turned around eot ect diif was 20 degrees ony should be 10 degrees ford is tring to save your ass from puking oil in the coolant or taking out the egr cooler get it fixed asap oil cooler is restricted no need to change egr cooler if not leaking or go to bulletproof diesel and get egr cooler kit i also checked hpop fitting was already upgraded 8.5 hrs unless need flushed out
:eek: :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts