Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Still learning
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to replace oil coole and delete egr. I have searched but can not find the how to on this. Found it a while back but no luck today :doh:.

Also what gaskets should I get. The truck is a 2003 with 87 000 miles.

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
The oil cooler kit will come with everything even the screen in the valley. Th eonly gakset not provided is the little brown one that under the plastic filter tower. Its very easy to replace, it comes with a very detailed how-to, even the 2X4 method.... Follow the torque specs, clean the crap out of the cooler housing, even wire brushing the underside, youll find alot of built up stuff that if not cleaned will cause it all to leak.

Ford also has the entire intake gasket kit. Its a very nice setup how they FINALLY came out with kits....

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
yes, thats why I said ask ford for intake gasket kit, comes with everything except the brown o ring for the filter stand pipe

·
Still learning
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:doh: Alot of these moments lately. Sorry, missed the last sentence.

·
Still learning
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well started the egr delete and oil cooler rebuild today. So far have the intake out. Inside looked a little oily but breathes as good as a stock intake can. Everything going smothly, hopefully that luck holds out. Tomorrow should finish the job.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
you dont need to replace the intake gaskets or any of the orings, i've done 7 of these in the last year since i did mine. got 20k on mine since and haven't had any issues. but mines do for another oil cooler and a damn coolant filter

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm going to delete EGR,f250 2007, 195km,
do I have to replace oil cooler now or maybe for next time?
what is the oil cooler life????

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
I'm going to delete EGR,f250 2007, 195km,
do I have to replace oil cooler now or maybe for next time?
what is the oil cooler life????
go ahead and replace it, install a coolant filter from one of our vendors while your at it

·
Still learning
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would get the oil cooler and do it now. Once you're in there you're not going to want to go back any time soon.

You will want to remove the intake anyways it makes putting on the delete alot easier. I also ended up removing the up pipe assemble to remove the egr up pipe. Tighten the upper clamp and leave the manifold joint loose it makes the turbo side easier to line up and get sealed.

Not a bad job at all, just time consuming. IMO. I just finished mine and it runs great, no leaks as of yet.

:psnb:

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
i recommend replacing the intake gaskets and o-rings its not required,but it beats taking it back apart and if the egr cooler has gone bad definetly rebuild the oil cooler

·
Still learning
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i recommend replacing the intake gaskets and o-rings its not required,but it beats taking it back apart and if the egr cooler has gone bad definetly rebuild the oil cooler
I agree, and Ford makes it really easy. There is an intake gasket kit with everything you need. Intake, turbo orings and turbo mounting bolts.

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
yeap. those 2 kits and your set i do 2 or so a week,a hundred bucks will save you a big head ache

1 - 16 of 16 Posts