Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Need some suggestions here.....after draining the coolant from Rad, degause bottle and engine oil. Have pulled the oil cooler off and in doing so (forgot to) did not drain the block (remove plug on block beside oil cooler) of coolant. Thus when I undid the bolts on the rear of oil cooler, coolant flushed all over (from the block itself). In doing this, as the coolant hole in the block is higher than the oil passages (where they exit/enter cooler) will coolant have drained into these two openings? If so where would it go and how do I flush it outa thar.....

Any suggestion would be great.

TIA,

jrc

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Not enough to worry about.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Aljay,

Just a quick update....checked the oil pan after install and had about a litre of coolant in the pan. Drained that and poured in some warm clean oil to chase out any remnants of coolant. Buttoned it up, filled coolant and oil, fired it up and drove around. Leaking at the front mount where it bolts up to the block....Grrrrr. Seems the IH composite gasket may not be sealing properly???? Bought a ford one to replace the cornbinder one....yeesh...will drain it all and just replace the front composite gasket with the ford aluminium and rubber one. Oh ya and will drain the block this time......hahaaa..

jrc

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I replaced the front cooler to block gasket.....drained all fluids (including Coolant out of block heh heh) undid the two front bolts and slide out the IH POS gasket, replace with the blue oval one.....voila....no oil leak....yeesh.

jrc

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
This would be a fantastic place to post up right part numbers you used that worked.

Tom

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Tom,

I'll do that in a day or so as the parts list is in the garage. Would not recccommend the cornbinder block to cooler gaskets as the one I got for the front leaked oil to the outside, (guess in this instance better out than in....heh heh).

T/C,

Happy Holidays....Ho ho ho.....

jrc

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Those would be good to send to Joat too if they are not on there which I am pretty sure they are not.

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts