Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So iv recently have had the injectors out of my truck and put them back in, i installed all new orings on the injectors and have the truck put back together, when i went to crank the motor over my starter burnt up on me, now that iv replaced the starter and got the truck started if got oil coming out of my exhaust pipe, but i know its not from my turbo it has to be from the motor, any suggestions?

·
Drive it like ya stole it
186 Posts
Valve seals?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I bet its the turbo if it was enough to get past the valves it would burn in the cylenders and run bad. check the up and down pipes I bet just the down pipe is wetinside.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Did it hydro-lock?

·
Registered
410 Posts
When you pulled the injectors, you filled the cylinders with oil-how did you drain it? I pull the glow plugs (all of them) and turn the motor over with the new injectors in (leave the UVC harnesses disconnected) until no more oil comes out. It still smokes when it starts, but nothing like it would if you don't drain the cylinders. I'm assuming you had oil left over and pumped it into the exhaust.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
^^^^^ Like Dillerger says, if you didnt do that then you had oil in each cylinder, if it hydro-locked the engine you may have done mechanical damage.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys, i ended up pulling the injectors out and one injector bore just wasnt clean enough, it wasnt oil, it was overloading on fuel and going straight throught the turbo into the tailpipe, luckly i didnt hydrolock it and now its back together and tail pipe is dry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts