Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Hope all is well ... Luv this site :rockwoot:

My question is this being my first oil change on my truck Why the heck is it dirty only after about 60 MILES! I used good oil, based on the info I archived here.... Any insight would be great Cheers

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
somebody told me once that it was just soot. i think its because theres always some oil left over too. nothing to worry about. you could change your oil 5 times within 100 miles and it would only help a little.. ask me how i know! :D

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Don't worry about it.

Seriously.

Without getting into a huge argument about HPOP oil changes and how much oil is still left in the reservoir, pump, heads, etc., just know that replacing 15 quarts of oil is a good thing.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Don't worry about it.

Seriously.

Without getting into a huge argument about HPOP oil changes and how much oil is still left in the reservoir, pump, heads, etc., just know that replacing 15 quarts of oil is a good thing.
:whs:

All is good.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks first time powerstroker... Just found it wierd that the oil would do that... good info to know...

I watched the video on changing the oil in the HPOP ... I aint doin it!!!!

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
You should have the misfortune of changing the oil in a 6.5L Chevy and re-checking it after 6 seconds of running.

·
Registered
163 Posts
With a PSD the best thing you can do for it is change the engine oil religiously, since it uses it oil like a hydraulic fluid. 3-5k for me. You wanna see disgusting oil stick a straw in you HPOP res.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
if you really want to see that your oil is clean , you can put on an fs2500.

but the nature of the diesel is your golden honey oil will look black the first time you crank it up, but it is still ok.

·
brandon
778 Posts
When i would change the oil in my old chev 6.2, it would be jet black before i even fired it up.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
but the nature of the diesel is your golden honey oil will look black the first time you crank it up, but it is still ok.
I can somewhat agree with this but all 4 diesel trucks I've owned since '99 had the oil drain only slightly darker than new.....

Oil changes every 3000 miles, no sludge whatsoever, and oil that looked near-new........like wipe it off with a rag and not have a stained hand new.

I only used Valvoline Premium Blue which is fairly light-colored when pouring it out of the jug. For a comparison, the oil drained out 3000 miles later looked like Shell Rotella.

·
brandon
778 Posts
my 93idi turned black after 10 mins of running. All my buses with 5.9 cummins turn black quick but my 02 7.3 is the cleanest oil i have ever seen. It is cleaner at 5k than my wife's mariner at 2k.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts