Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my truck a few months ago, it's an 06 f350 with 182k miles. Want to do my first oil change on it. I already bought all motorcraft oem filters. What oil should i go with at this high mileage, i live in south florida and tow occasionally, it's a daily driver. It does have tune and exhaust and all that fun stuff.
Thanks; Jonathan

·
scouts out...
246 Posts
I just noticed mine smokes a lot. It has to do with the engine in these pickups right?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Not really, a properly tuned and modded truck actually smokes very little. Even with big injectors and turbo sure they roll some coal until the turbo cleans it up. Lots of smoke equals un-burnt fuel so really it's no good for performance.

·
Guilty on all counts
339 Posts
I'm a Castrol fan and use Tection 15-40. Here in Florida it doesn't get cold enough to need the thinner stuff IMO. I've considered Synthetic, but with both trucks well over 200K I'm sticking with what works for me. The general consensus seems to be that whatever you use, change it at least every 5K.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I am pretty set on Rotella T 15W-40. It's a good oil, and a lot cheaper than the synthetic. I don't mind paying for quality, but $100 oil changes every 5k miles get expensive. Quickly.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I usually buy motorcraft 5 quart jugs a wallyworld...15-40

1 - 11 of 11 Posts