Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
brandon
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at possibly purchasing an 04 6.0 with 84,xxx on it. The dealership took it in on a trade and they already have done about 2k worth of work on it, which makes me worry. But i noticed the intercooler boots on the hot side are soaked in oil, I am assuming turbo issues or is this residual just off the engine? any idea what i could check to see if it is turbo beside removing the pipe, I am not truly knowledgeable in the 6.0s. :bowfast:

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
The crank case vents right into the turbo on these. You can actually feel/see the vent in the bottom part of the intake between the air filter and the turbo. The oil goes into the turbo and all through the intercooler piping and the intercooler itself. Nothing to worry about there. Ask for an Oasis report though, that will show you all of the warranty work done on the truck in it's life.

·
brandon
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, had no clue of that.

·
n00b
39 Posts
The crank case vents right into the turbo on these. You can actually feel/see the vent in the bottom part of the intake between the air filter and the turbo. The oil goes into the turbo and all through the intercooler piping and the intercooler itself. Nothing to worry about there. Ask for an Oasis report though, that will show you all of the warranty work done on the truck in it's life.

well the oil will eat way at the stock silicon boot eventually,causing tears or blow offs.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Looking at possibly purchasing an 04 6.0 with 84,xxx on it. The dealership took it in on a trade and they already have done about 2k worth of work on it, which makes me worry. But i noticed the intercooler boots on the hot side are soaked in oil, I am assuming turbo issues or is this residual just off the engine? any idea what i could check to see if it is turbo beside removing the pipe, I am not truly knowledgeable in the 6.0s. :bowfast:

its deffinetly common to have oil because of the ccv but if its like dripping out or very much in there then theres probly a problem causing the crankcase to overfill or just too much oil was put in. ive never noticed the oil on the boots untill i blew mine and took it off there was some in there but not pourin out or nothin. deffinetly make sure to get a oasis as well. :ford:

·
brandon
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the help guys. I have a 7.3 that i really don't want to get rid off but i want a cc lariat 4x4 and the are so hard to come by in a 7.3, at least in good shape. And when i do find one they want so much for them i can't justify it.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
thanks for all the help guys. I have a 7.3 that i really don't want to get rid off but i want a cc lariat 4x4 and the are so hard to come by in a 7.3, at least in good shape. And when i do find one they want so much for them i can't justify it.
yeah i was helpin my brother in law find a cclb 7.3 and there tough most of em had like 250k finally found one but yeah i hear ya. you oughta try to pick up on a 6.4 if you can imo that would be a better choice then a 6.oh my dad had a 04 6.0 with absoulutly no problems even after 25 k on a tuner but then theres alot that have problems as well so its kinda a tossup gettin a 6.0 i guess.

·
brandon
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
considering a 6.4 but i am planning on owning a 6.7 in about 3 years if they turn out to be the next 7.3.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
considering a 6.4 but i am planning on owning a 6.7 in about 3 years if they turn out to be the next 7.3.
depending on the 6.0 going with a 6.4 might save you money in the long run. 6.4s are dang good motors with just a little tweaking. but whatever you get make sure to look over it real good and get an oasis that can really save you on buyin a used truck...

·
brandon
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
will do, appreciate the input:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts