Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Still learning
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did a egr delete and oil cooler on the truck about 900 miles ago. I have been writing off the oil leak as residual. I think the spot is getting smaller it started out as about a 50 cent piece and now about a quarter if not a little smaller. That coolant leak started about 650 miles ago. Most of the miles were long distance. When I was up in Lincoln NE, there appeared to be no oil spot or coolant spot. :shrug: I got back to Wichita KS and Monday looked under truck and found oil and coolant again.:doh: I brought home a boroscope to find the effing leaks. I believe the turbo drain is eliminated. No drips or residual there that I can find. Everything else appeared good on the oil side. Gave that up and started on the coolant leak. It goes up the lefthand side front of engine. Searched lower radiator hose and it seemed to be comming from above it. Removed Air box and searched some more and can not isolate it. At times it appeared to be comming higher that the banjo bolt and others lower than it by a alumunum shelf looking thing. Opened coolant recovery bottle cap and it still had some pressure. Gave up and started truck and backed up out of garage and let it warm up a little. Driveway is sloped down away from garage. Found a oil spot the size a nickle. Searched top side of engine and it appeared to be slightly damp around oil cooler but no runs or drips. :shrug:

Any ideas?

·
Diffrent Strokes
350 Posts
May have to take a hard look at it with the engine running. I spent a few days looking for a leak and finally found a leak on the fuel regulator.

·
Black Stroker
1,187 Posts
To help find the coolant leak I think napa sells this kit it comes with a dye you put in the system and a special light and it lights up the coolant so you know where it is leaking from.

·
Still learning
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I pressure washed top of engine and there is no oil comming from there. Seems to be alot of oil on top of the plate that the oil pan bolts to.

Still no luck on the coolant leak.

The other thing that is odd is the truck spradically builds 32 lbs of boost and it usually builds only 26 lbs of boost.

Anyone around Wichita have a lift I can utilize to find the leaks? Beer will probally be involved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts